Cats and kittens enjoy various types of toys, even very simple cheap ones like a ball of yarn!
More expensive options Edit
Fancier options include cat toys sold in stores, such as:
- Fake mice with little bells attached to them.
- Fake birds that make chirping sounds that your cat can play with.
- Dangling toys waved around by humans that your cat will go crazy to catch! This is an extremely fun toy for cats.
Making your own home-made toys Edit
You will need:
- A long wooden stick, preferably a long wooden dowel.
- Pipe cleaners (Craft version)
- Little bells, can be found in craft section of a store.
- Fake mouse, commonly found in pet areas of stores.
- Take 3 pipe cleaners. Tie the ends of the 3 pipe cleaners together, so you get one long straight string of pipe cleaners.
- Attach one of the ends of the pipe cleaner string to the end of the wooden dowel.
- String about 4 or 5 bells like beads on the pipe cleaner line.
- At the end of the pipe cleaner line, attach the fake mouse. Make sure it is secure.
How to use:
Hold the end of the dowel, and dangle the mouse around your cat, and swing it around. Your cat will go crazy trying to get it, and they will be very excited!
You can do this for a long time, and still entertain your cat! The sound of the bells you added will greatly enhance the experience for your cat.
Cats do not mind what they get, as long as they can play with it. Here are things Cats like to play with, such as:
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Paper Towel Rolls